|These pages have moved to http://www.nwsprints.co.uk where there are no annoying adverts, pop-ups or spyware and it responds quicker too!
This page shows the damage I did to my Mallock in the
first sprint at Curborough in 2000. Since Mallocks are brazed rather than welded, it
wasn't that difficult to repair. I took the chassis back to Mallock's to have
a complete new front end made up and attached to the back which was alright.
(April 27th 2002 4:30 a.m.) put it back together "ready" for Aintree on the same
day where I promptly left the the nosecone scattered all over the second bend - Doh!
The main reason for this was I didn't have time to check any suspension settings -
subsequent investigation revealed different camber, castor and even wheelbase on both
sides. This has since been rectified (see settings)
and it now handles properly again. Mind you, it is a lot more oversteery than it
used to be - either the front end is the best it's ever been or, more likely, the rear
tyres have died of old age.
Having got the suspension right, I promptly ran the bearings! So I have tried to
make one decent engine from the two heaps of bits in the big puddle of oil on the garage
floor. Now I'm out with a 1350 which is as quick as the 1600 at Scammonden but
almost 7 seconds slower at Ty Croes - funny old world.
At the end of 2002 I re-modelled the back end at Aintree - the damage stopped just aft
of the roll-hoop this time. That just leaves the centre section where I sit as
original! The third rebuild is still in progress - should be back out in 2004-5.